The aim of the competition is to expose students to the diversity within research by:
- Breaking down stereotypes of what a ‘scientist’ is and what they do.
- Inspiring students to take an interest in scientific careers
- Providing students with direct connections to the university
We also have some great prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place.
We ask students to send entries to the email email@example.com
We’re accepting entries for round 1 until July 16th.
The competition is aimed at Maltese 14-18 year olds and is structured as follows:
- Students send in photos they have taken which they think represent ‘science’.
- 10-12 students are selected to participate in a workshop at the university.
- Each student is paired with a researcher and learns about the researcher’s work.
- The students take a photograph of their researcher at work.
- A gallery event is held, showcasing students’ works, and the winners are announced.