Do you have a burning passion for physics and astronomy? Do you love to express yourself artistically? Are you looking for new inspirations?
Then make your mark by entering this free CREATIONS National Competition for UK primary and secondary school students – create an artistic piece that engages young people in physics and astronomy and inspires future scientists.
Can you capture physics ideas art-fully?
Your piece can be music, video, dance, drama, poetry, painting … the only limit is your imagination! Be entertaining, informative and inspiring, and highlight relevant physics principles.
- All students in secondary education (Year 7-13) and all students in the last two years of primary education (Year 5-6) can enter the competition;
- There are 3 different age categories 9-13 year olds (Year 5-8), 14-16 year olds (Year 9-11) and 17-18 year olds (Year 12-13);
- Students can enter independently or through their schools;
- Students can enter individually or in groups of up to 6;
- One entry per group/individual (schools can submit multiple entries but students cannot).
The judges are looking for
- Evidence of creative thinking, e.g. a way new to you of exploring, explaining or showing your topic;
- Accurate scientific content;
- A high-quality final product (in whatever format has been chosen), in both art and science, which crosses the boundaries of individual subjects and themes;
- Enthusiasm and passion for tackling the project.
Please find more information about the competition on the announcement page.
The competition is now closed